Services Provided By the Clerk's Office

Services Provided By the Clerk's Office

Q. What can I do if I have to conventionally file a document after 4:30 p.m.?

A night drop box is located in the lobby of the Courthouse just outside of the Clerk’s Office on the 1st floor. The building is open until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You must arrive before 6:00 p.m. to access the drop box. The documents are picked up by our staff each day and file-stamped the day that they are placed in the box.

Q. How do I view a paper file and order copies (regular or certified)?

Electronic case files are available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. Please see the CM/ECF section of the court’s web site for additional information

Our file room and intake counter are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.  You may request to view a file and/or order copies (regular or certified). If you desire copies after 3:30 p.m., you may order the copies and the intake clerk will notify you by telephone when the order is complete. Copies cannot be made after 3:30 p.m. Copy requests can be made in person or in writing but not by telephone. You will need to know the case number and the document(s) to be copied. Written requests require payment in advance. The cost is $.50 per page. The cost of certification is $11.00 per instrument.

Q. How do I obtain a file from Archives?

Court files are stored in the Clerk’s Office for approximately four years. Inactive cases older than approximately fours years are archived at the Federal Records Center in Ft. Worth, Texas. Files may be retrieved through the Clerk’s Office for a fee of $53. Retrieval takes 5 to 10 working days. Archival requests can be made in person or in writing but not by telephone. Copies of documents from the file may be obtained for a fee of $.50 per page.

Q. What is the procedure for ordering a transcript of court proceedings?

To order a transcript of a court proceeding that was recorded by a court reporter, you must contact that specific court reporter. If ordering for purposes of filing an appeal, complete a transcript order form (Form A-8), available under Appeal Forms on the website, with the case docket number, dates of proceeding for which transcript is requested and court reporter’s name. The form must be signed by the court reporter before it is filed. If the case will be paid with CJA (Criminal Justice Act) funds, you must complete and attach CJA Form 24, available at the intake counter.

The Judicial Conference of the United States has determined that in multi-defendant case proceedings under the CJA, only one transcript should be purchased from the court reporter by one of the appointed attorneys on behalf of all CJA defendants. Then, one of the attorneys should arrange for the duplication at commercially competitive rates. Ten cents ($.10) per page is the maximum copy rate. For more information concerning commercial duplication of CJA transcripts, you may contact the duty attorney, Administrative Office (AO) Defender Services Division at (202) 502-3030.

Q. How do I obtain a Certificate of Good Standing?

Certificates of good standing for members of the bar of this Court are available through the Electronic Case Filing (ECF) website. Log in using the ECF login and password of the attorney requesting the certificate. Select Utilities and Certificate of Good Standing Request. You will be prompted to pay the fee of $19.00 through

The certificate will be emailed to you.

Certificates are also available from the Court Clerk’s Office for a fee of $19.00. Please contact the Attorney Admissions Clerk at (405) 609-5051.

Q. How are cases assigned to Judges?

All civil and criminal actions are assigned by a random selection process in order to ensure that the identity of the judge is not disclosed before the case is officially filed.