- OKWD Court - https://okwd.npgdev.com -


CJA (Criminal Justice Act)


Q. I served as court appointed counsel pursuant to the CJA of 1996. Am I responsible for the appeal? [2]

Local Criminal Rule 44.1 and 44.2 and General Order 16-2 [3] govern the Western District of Oklahoma’s plan for the implementation of the CJA. In accordance with General Order 16-2, [3] your appointment remains in full force and effect until relieved of duty by order of the district Court or the Court of Appeals. See General Order 16-2 [3] for more details.

Local Rules [4]

Q. How do I get on the CJA panel of attorneys? [5]

Application forms for membership on the CJA Panel are available. Please contact CJA PANEL ADMIN at 405-609-5969.

Q. How long does it take to process my payment? [6]

It generally takes 2-4 weeks to process payments depending on whether Circuit approval is needed.

Q. Who do I contact about my payment? [7]

Contact Kira in the U.S. District Court Clerk’s office at 405-609-5074.