CJA (Criminal Justice Act)

Q. I served as court appointed counsel pursuant to the CJA of 1996. Am I responsible for the appeal?

Local Criminal Rule 44.1 and 44.2 and General Order 09-03 govern the Western District of Oklahoma’s plan for the implementation of the CJA. In accordance with General Order 09-03, your appointment remains in full force and effect until relieved of duty by order of the district court or the Court of Appeals. See General Order 09-03 for more details.

Local Rules

Q. How do I get on the CJA panel of attorneys?

Application forms for membership on the CJA Panel are available, upon request, from the U.S. Public Defender’s office. Please contact that office at 405-609-5930.

Q. How long does it take to process my payment?

It generally takes 2-4 weeks to process payments depending on whether Circuit approval is needed.

Q. Who do I contact about my payment?

Contact Kathy Rose in the U.S. District Court Clerk’s office at 405-609-5028.